Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meeting telepathy?  (Read 1081 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Meeting telepathy?
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:55 am »

Meet Tekkud. He's a fisherdwarf. Happily enjoying the stay in his 2x2 walled-off cell somewhere off of the main staircase down to the magma sea. Then he got unhappy. So unhappy he tantrum'd a few times. So he went to the only person he knew could help him, the mayor.

He's under the +. Look what he's doing. The mayor is in the dining hall.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting telepathy?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:51:17 am »

When you said fisherdwarf next to the magma sea I was hoping he was fishing in magma... :(

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:19 am »

meetings have been observed to be conducted between closed doors.

Also the attend meeting job can appear when they aren't actually having the meeting.  I think the difference is attend/conduct meeting.  Not sure.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »

Actually, I think conduct meeting is the job of the mayor in this case. The mayor said "alright, Urist we need to have ourselves a talk." and set up a meeting in his meeting room. He started and presides over the meeting and is therefore "conducting" it. Urist McFisherdwarf is an attendee, or he would be if he could get to the place the meeting is to be held. He still might be if they can hold meetings through walls, but I think doors only work because they count as furniture. I could be wrong about that bit, though.

But yeah, a dwarf's job appears as soon as he decides "alright, this is what I'll do next" and only disappear if they realize it is physically impossible/the job item is lost/there's a hoary marmot chewing on their foot.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:33:05 pm »

My guess is he won't find anyone in charge to cry on recently. However if there'd be whatever long path to mayor standing at the different sides of wall won't prevent meeting giving an impression of confession booth or those phone psychologists. This would also prevent your mayor from being harmed in case his visitor freaks out.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:11 pm »

does anyone have that one image of the dwarven bookkeeper?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 04:43:40 pm »

I had a fort nearly crumble due to telepathy.  My plan was to isolate the original seven in a contructed monastery and have the rest (mirgants) forge a hardscrabble existence in the abbey's shadow.  Instead they all became bffs despite being isolated, so at some point the monks went mad over the losses suffered by the peasants and killed each other with their masterful martial arts.

Telepathy kills, kids, telepathy kills
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44:26 pm »

Besides wanting to conduct  a meeting while trapped is normal--e.g.-- I want to speak with a lawyer!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 04:46:14 pm »

Meetings, atleast the ones with a diplomat, can continue even if the game is paused.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.