Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad Splash Screen Help!  (Read 3238 times)

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad Splash Screen Help!
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:23 am »

As the title states, I cannot get pasted the splash screen and I have looked up numerous fixes which do nothing for it. I've even waited 10 minutes for it to load and usually before I even think about asking for refunds I try to fix the game for a few days. I don't want to return it as it looks like an awesome game, and Rising Storm looks just amazing to me. All help is appreciated.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad Splash Screen Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:52:38 am »

It's a shity game anyway and if you manage to get it running, punkbuster will just randomly fuck you over.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 06:27:33 pm »

Oh, and it looked to be such a great game and I did hear about a great multiplayer experience....has all opinions changed?
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 07:08:59 pm »

I've loved it since I got it - played a whole lot. Lots of fun if you manage to get a squad on comms, though that's rare.

Either way, no clue on how to fix it, sorry :\ I'm guessing posting on the official forums will probably help more than posting here!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 07:32:42 pm »

I actually liked it, problems aside. The only reason I don't play it right now is the low player counts.

As for your problem, I'd suggest starting at this thread if you haven't already.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 08:12:14 pm »

I believe it's the only game I have demanded a refund for. I hear it ended up being mostly fixed, but it was poorly handled at launch and they really treated the fanbase as idiots. Once again, I hear they fixed it, but they really struck me, and apparently many others, all wrong.

Loved the original though!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 03:32:41 am »

I got it and put around 50 hours into it, but didn't really enjoy it.

If you seek that gameplay, check out Resistance and Liberation, a free hl˛ mod that does everything better >mfw when i play that instead the game I put 30 € out for... at least I got tf2 hats.