Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Wars are Going On in Your World?  (Read 2918 times)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
What Wars are Going On in Your World?
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:13:11 pm »

Well, decided after seeing the 115+ year war between the humans and elves this might be interesting to hear from others' legends mode.  Meanwhile, the elves are kicking the humans asses.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:15:03 pm by empfan »

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
Re: What Wars are Going On in Your World?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:30:40 pm »

I don't have any big ones but one just ended between the two human civs.

On the day the war ended (stalemate) they built e bridge across the river that sepperated the two countries to commemorate the peace.

I love this game.
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:34:55 pm »

The thing that I found funny about the human-elf war is that the goblins and dwarves have been willing to make peace, while they keep killing each other.  It just goes to show that those who you think are the savages and the drunkards(still are :P) are the truely thoughtful ones for their race.

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 10:42:14 pm »

On the day the war ended (stalemate) they built e bridge across the river that sepperated the two countries to commemorate the peace.

I love this game.

Human civs at war with each other? What caused it?

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 11:01:49 pm »

Human civs at war with each other? What caused it?
No idea but both nations had site names in human language. It might involve the king being a vampire, but im not sure he was openly vampiric and im also not sure if that would even change the civs behavior.
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:49:51 am »

Maybe it was a religious war? Check the war's description in Legends mode.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:57:39 am »

Maybe it was a religious war? Check the war's description in Legends mode.
I'll try but I've made about 2-3 worlds on each bugfix version so far. Its gonna be hard to find the world.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:40:18 am »

I have a world where elves and dwarves are at war... with ponies.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:45:19 am »

In my current world an elven civ and a human civ divided a large island. They were at war since the beggining - after 310 years the elves destroyed the human capital. The survivors retreated to the tombs south of the capital, now I am trying to find them as an elf adventurer.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 11:10:18 am »

I have a world where elves and dwarves are at war... with ponies.
Sounds like someone duplicated raws...or maybe is using the MLF mod. that makes more sense, actually.

I just generated a nice world, Small, 400 years old. It went through a golden age, a twilight age, an age of fairy tales, and then a second golden age. The first war, the Conflict of Brutalizing, was a single battle between goblins and elves over a formalized agreement. The elves won, rejected the goblins' offer of peace, made a counterargument, and the war ended. Goblins and humans seemed to be at war a lot, and the goblins kept losing, often leading to single goblins holding the line against hundreds of humans, sometimes WINNING. Everyone seemed to hate the goblins. One battle was nine goblins and a pair of trolls versus 1,202 dwarves, 5 elves, two goblins, and five each of rutherers and cave crawlers. The goblins were all killed, except those on the dwarves' side. Not much in the way of interest past that, sadly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 12:02:52 pm »

A world with some very unfortunate goblins.  A somewhat remote area of the world with elves goblins and a modded half dragon race.  The poor goblins were between the elves and dragonmen and whenever the goblins made peace with one side the other side decided to go to war with them.  The dracon didn't like the goblins because of broken agreements, the elves attacked the goblins for display of trophies.

For 5 years there was only one goblin left defending their last tower, with hundreds of kills until she was finally struck down by a dracon army.  The dracon captured the site, and then the elves decided to start attacking them... at that same site.  All because the dracon king worshiped a god of fire, while the elves were all "rivers are awesome!"   Even in death those goblins couldn't catch a break.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!