Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Levels of agility beyond "Perfect"  (Read 893 times)

Dkarrde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Levels of agility beyond "Perfect"
« on: March 20, 2008, 08:52:00 pm »

It's been stated by Toady that there are no hard caps to stats, or at least caps that are impossible to reach right now.  It's apparent in some cases that Toughness, at least, continues to increase its effectiveness for every level beyond Superdwarvenly, but Agility doesn't have any apparent effect for additional levels.  As far as I know, Agility only affects speed -- but if speed, as seen in adventurer mode, does not increase for these additional levels of Agility, then what effect might it have?  Nothing?

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Levels of agility beyond "Perfect"
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:08:00 pm »

chance to dodge? Chance to hit? Ability to stay on your feet?

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »

At the very least, in a fortress running at 17fps, a perfectly agile dwarf seems to be moving about at the speed one would see dwarves running about at a 60fps fortress.

So I could make everyone perfectly agile, the game would be that much more playable, even if it WAS cheating.

igless

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

The question is whether a perfectly agile dwarf, plus twice as much additional agility, would actually move faster...the previously stated answer seems to be sadly no...but, uh, thank god for that.  I don't think the world could take a dwarf moving at 100x speed of the immigrants.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 06:36:00 pm »

If you could make every dwarf perfectly agile, the game would run at 10 fps.  You'd win a bit from processes that didn't speed up (flows and goblins, for instance).