Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs shooting dwarfs..  (Read 807 times)

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfs shooting dwarfs..
« on: March 07, 2012, 10:35:26 am »

I have no idea what's going on.  My archers are shooting a weaver, which is fine since weavers aren't vital to the prosperity of my fort.  But now my woodcutters are announcing job cancellations because of the weaver too.  I don't see anything on the justice screen to warrant this, and the weaver doesn't appear to be sinister or vampiric in any way...

Thoughts?
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs shooting dwarfs..
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 10:37:33 am »

Berserker? Is the weaver an @ symbol?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:40:29 am »

Perhaps he spoke out against Urist McShadyNoble, and he sent his SPs to "silence" the poor sap?
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:41:58 am »

Berserker? Is the weaver an @ symbol?
Nah he seems to be just fine.

Also a few weeks prior someone shot and killed one of my mechanics.  I suspected it was my archers since there were no invaders at the time..

Rodge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:42:38 am »

I'm guessing loyalty cascade of some sort, but it's odd it would take a few weeks.
People keep saying that doing an Evil embark is like experiencing a Zombie Apocalypse but that's not accurate. In a zombie apocalypse the zombies overwhelm the inhabitants corrupting the land and trapping a band of survivors. In DF a group of people with a perfectly fine place to live, look at a corrupted hellhole overrun by the legions of the undead boot them out and say "No, we live here now."

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:45:57 am »

I went through the weaver's kills.  Three goblins.  One dwarf vampire, and it was in my fort.  I never even noticed the kill.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:50:40 am »

Interesting. Is there anything in the combat reports for the mechanic? I don't think you'd be able to get anything for the vampire due to the time elapsed (although it should be in the gamelog still) and due to the weaver being bumped to the top of the list by the current fighting.

Is there anything in the weaver's thoughts screen about being an enemy of your group or the dwarven civ?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:58:06 am »

Interesting. Is there anything in the combat reports for the mechanic? I don't think you'd be able to get anything for the vampire due to the time elapsed (although it should be in the gamelog still) and due to the weaver being bumped to the top of the list by the current fighting.

Is there anything in the weaver's thoughts screen about being an enemy of your group or the dwarven civ?
Yes actually.  Former member of the Amusing Door and an Enemy of the Amusing Door.  INTERESTING

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 11:02:18 am »

Oh!  Even more interesting!  Or confusing.  Whichever.

The vampire this weaver killed was named 'Scarlet' Appearedgate.  I always give nicknames to my vampires so I can pick them out easier.  But this current fortress only has had one vampire, our esteemed mayor. 

In other words, this kill wasn't from the current fort - it was from my previous one!  I think this fella was my hammerer that immigrated!

Welcome back...

Also, I went through the combat reports.  The mechanic that was shot and killed was a miner, not a mechanic, whatever.  Anyway, the miner somehow got in a fight with a stray horse.  This fight somehow became a fight between the miner and a baby.  Once that happened, my archers started shooting the miner, and he was struck down.  It doesn't list the miner in the weaver's kills, but going through the weaver's logs it's clear that the weaver shot and killed the miner.

Clearly, a loyalty cascade is unfolding.

Edit: Aaaand my weaver was sadly shot down.  I don't see anyone shooting anyone else so I guess it's over.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:14:20 am by Kestrel »