Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Exp. Leader is officially a troll...  (Read 1685 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
My Exp. Leader is officially a troll...
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:57:01 pm »

Well, the outpost liason came, with the trade caravan. My depot wasn't built yet, so they left early. He decided that time was a good time to sleep; he was the only one currently with architecture. Then, after they left, the liason hung around for the meeting discussing the trade. So he keeps digging and digging. Finally he decides to go conduct the meeting, and halfway through the tunnel turns around and starts digging again. Then, later, he did it AGAIN.

Trollololol. All I have to say.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: My Exp. Leader is officially a troll...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »

Well, there's a couple problems you can rectify to help prevent this from happening.

1. Don't only have a single Dwarf on Architecture. Have several.
2. Disable the unwanted labors for the Broker when you want him to, you know, broker stuff, because meetings are actually considered low-priority. Or be like me, and don't have the Broker on any labors, so aside from when he's sleeping or eating or something he'll be immediately available.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:20 pm »

I've been meaning to set more architecture people for a while, at the time I had very few dwarves since I had just embarked and did not want all of them on architecture. Good point though.

It actually is a good idea too, to make some nobles lazy. Some already are XD But yeah, I might do that too.

thanks for the tips.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 04:13:24 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:18:42 am by Ogdibus »

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 05:25:59 am »

After you get the first immigrants you should have enough people you can put to work so you can set your broker, manager and all the other nobles to do nothing at all except for their administrative jobs. You donīt want your skilled broker or bookkeeper killed because heīs hauling some wood from the surface, after all. To make sure your broker goes to the trade depot as soon as merchants arrive place a small burrow around the depot and send him there. Donīt forget to remove him from the burrow afterwards, or he will get unhappy because he canīt drink or eat and must sleep on the floor...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 07:43:00 am »

Why would you only have one architect? :C

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 12:27:13 pm »

OP trolled self...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 09:11:25 am »

x3  I thought you meant it literally.  I have statues in my fort of a troll being elected mayor, and then being kicked out, and being sad about it.  There's about six of them, total.
I thought the same thing, then realised that "officially" would imply that he wasn't a troll at some point and that it's not possible to have friendly trolls, to my knowledge, or to have them be appointed expedition leader.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.