Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Wakfu - Ogrest's chaos, the ecosystem, and you  (Read 13094 times)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - Ogrest's chaos, the ecosystem, and you
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2012, 09:18:22 am »

Thing is though, Dofus is actually worth 7 dollars a month if you enjoy the gameplay. Wakfu is not worth a sub to anyone in it's current state. It offers nothing that Dofus does not offer better. (You know, besides a half-arsed government system, a gank-based open PvP world, and the one feature they actually have working rather well, the environment)

Heck if you want you can at least play Dofus for free forever if you get good at making money in the game during your first month of subscription. It's entirely possible for anyone to.

On that note though, would anyone be interested in a Dofus thread? I've been playing it ever since Wakfu wet my appetite for Dofus' combat. Currently hanging out on the Rushu server (most populated, from what I've heard the other servers can be ghost towns)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:22:23 am by Denzi »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2012, 10:54:11 am »

I played Dofus... holy crap 8 years ago? Maybe 7? I'd be up for trying it out again since I got a bit jaded with Wakfu. I'll look into it today.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2012, 08:36:58 pm »

The open beta for wakfu has been released for several months, it's being released later this month. Without about three of the classes and several minor bugs. :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »

Wakfu is sorta unimpressive really. I've been checking up on the development on and off with my old closed beta account and I'm not that impressed with their progress in these, uhh, 2~3 years?

Honestly its just too much like Dofus. Yea there's alot of different things, but the core of the game is relatively the same. It feels like a more polished, much less populated version of Dofus, which is sort of a plus. Even then, Wakfu seemed a lot more awesome on concept years ago then what it actualy became. Its not a bad game, and its certainly not entirely like other MMOs out there, though.

I think I'm just a bit jaded from playing dofus ages ago. And maybe I'm just unimpressed at the lack of progress made by the company in these years. Dofus apparently got regular updates in these years, but dofus arena has been an abandoned buggy thing for ages now, and wakfu's development has been comparatively slow to its first years.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:12:02 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2012, 02:38:26 am »

So I wanted to post about how Wakfu is released now and about it being a bit more entertaining than before.  I'm playing an Enripsa, which has a new self buff called Hygiene that increases healing by 1% per level of Hygiene.  Goes up by a level or two for most healing spells, all fire spells, and as for air spells, it increases their chance to take effect 1% per level of Hygiene.  Suddenly makes the entire Enripsa skill set useful.  They also changed Fortify heal to take 1 movement instead of 1 wakfu, making it suddenly a lot more useful too.  Even better, the undead skill only takes 1 AP and 1 Wakfu at level 1, so it's easier to heal bomb.  You have to max it for it to cost just 1 wakfu, but still, nice change.

Then I got to the main continent.  Everything.  Everything requires a subscription past the tutorial continent.  All fights, trade skills, dungeons, you can't even trade or gain a single kama without a subscription.  Sure, it's a cheap game, but so's Runescape, which has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more content.  And feels less like a grind.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]