Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where uniform templates are stored?  (Read 658 times)

DVeL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where uniform templates are stored?
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:45:57 am »

I have several difficulties concerning uniform templates, which i would like to solve:

1) New fort - no uniform templates. Necessity to create the same sets of uniform in any fort would be solved with possibility to copy them from previous forts.

2) The generic (and very useful) options of "headgear", "armor" etc, which are present in default uniforms are not available otherwise (but obviously exists and works). I would like to "copypaste" them manually into my own templates.

Does anyone know, where uniforms are stored or how i can modify their raws?

Blah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where uniform templates are stored?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:37:02 am »

Just record a macro that sets up your uniforms.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where uniform templates are stored?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 01:35:18 pm »

No one knows where they're stored. They're not in the raws, nor in any of the plaintext init files, nor is their location in the saves obvious or modifiable. Simply put, you cannot modify uniforms outside of the game.

As Blah suggests, the easiest way to "store" uniforms is to make a macro that creates them automatically when run. These can be problematic if your installed mods change, though, and some pieces, particularly caps, may not work properly at all due to the random number of random creature leathers and silks.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!