Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's this business about undead?  (Read 768 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
What's this business about undead?
« on: March 02, 2012, 06:20:11 pm »

I'm kind of confused. I see people talking about vampires and necromancers, but I haven't seen anything of the sort while searching raw files (as in, searching with a search system) I'm using version 0.34.04, Is there something I'm missing or is it just me being ignorant?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: What's this business about undead?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:21:22 pm »

Primarily generated at worldgen, they're hard to spot in the raws.  That's what all the science is about.  We can't just crack open a raw and see it all laid out.  We have to get our hands dirty and spill some blood to learn.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »

ah, ok, I just thought that I would be able to find a trace of the word in the raws to see if I'm missing something. It's not me thinking I know everything or something like that, I know I hardly have scraped the surface of raws. Besides that, time for !!science!!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »

There are examples in the raws, in raw/interaction examples, but they're there to show modders how the new tags work.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:07:36 pm »

Primarily generated at worldgen, they're hard to spot in the raws.  That's what all the science is about.  We can't just crack open a raw and see it all laid out.  We have to get our hands dirty and spill some blood to learn.
Actually, we can. Hotaru posted some findings on were-creature possibilities after using Quietust's raw extractor PHP script.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.