Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moody Dwarves Making Demands  (Read 1277 times)

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moody Dwarves Making Demands
« on: May 17, 2008, 06:44:00 pm »

I have had a few problems getting my dwarves to 'take' the items they are demanding.  i have gone so far as to make a stockpile of just those items in front of the door to the workshop they have taken over, but they never go out to get them.  Am I missing something.  The wiki led me to believe the dwarves rounded the parts up themselves.  Do I need to actually "drop" the supplies into the shop from above like I read about someone else doing once?

GMcG

sorry for the noob questions

"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Boethiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moody Dwarves Making Demands
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:47:00 pm »

is the door locked? are they the right items? tell us exactly what hes saying and we might be able to figure out what he wants.
quot;AHA!" Kodor cried, and opened the cabinet. Some crumpets fell out. The whole thing was stuffed full of them.

"Crumpets!" shouted the Captain in glee.

Hobo Symbols!

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:48:00 pm »

They'll go grab the items on their own, so long as they're accessible (i.e. there is a path from the workshop to the item). If they aren't picking up any items, then you don't have what they need. Common problems include needing silk cloth instead of plant fiber cloth (they're different), and needing rough gems instead of cut ones.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 10:10:00 pm »

also, gems may be glass. As an added difficulty, he may be asking for "stone" twice in a row, and they different types, but it only looks like he is asking for stone once. when in doubt, buy all the weird stuff from the merchants, and if anyone cant find stuff, station a squad outside the workshop in case he goes berserk...
-Toast-_