Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demons  (Read 1428 times)

SWVoodoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Demons
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

I've read about finding underground demons. Is there a certain map type that this happens on or is it all.

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demons
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 09:45:00 pm »

It only happens in mountainous terrain, and there is one spot of a certain metal on every local map, the one where you move and resize the actual position of your fortress, see the hightmaps, etc, etc.  Where this metal is, is where you will find them.
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 03:57:00 am »

hes talking about adamantite if you use the regional prospecter utility you will find where adamantite is

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 03:58:00 am »

STOP SPOILING... You'll ruin the surprise for others!   :mad: In these lands, we refer to such items as !!Hidden Fun Stuff!!

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 05:28:00 am »

There is small chance of finding the hidden fun stuff without cheats, though, as it's usually a pretty small area deep down in the ground.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 11:59:00 am »

I haven't  used any of the utilities to reveal that stuff and I haven't even found a cave river or a chasm or magma or hidden fun stuff.

It still hasn't caused me to fail my obligation of accidentally causing dwarven riots and doomed fortresses, though.

igless

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »

For the best chance of finding yummy underground things, put your site on a mountainous (^) tile in the middle display, and then make sure that your embark location has many, many ^'s on it.  These are the only places that you'll find any yummy underground things--including underground rivers, underground lakes, underground magma, and hidden fun stuff.

(Volcanos can be elsewhere.)

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

SWVoodoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 01:26:00 pm »

Thanks guys with definantly try my luck with some mountains.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by zagibu:
<STRONG>There is small chance of finding the hidden fun stuff without cheats, though, as it's usually a pretty small area deep down in the ground.</STRONG>

I found it without cheats...

I downloaded regional prospector out of curiosity.  I noticed a few things.  There is always at least 1 pit for every mountain range.  Even if the mountain range is just one mountain, like a volcano in the middle of nowhere.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzlemaker:
<STRONG>

I found it without cheats...

I downloaded regional prospector out of curiosity.  I noticed a few things.  There is always at least 1 pit for every mountain range.  Even if the mountain range is just one mountain, like a volcano in the middle of nowhere.</STRONG>

Except if you find a volcano in the middle of a forest.  Then, there's usually nothing except magma.

Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sowelu:
<STRONG>For the best chance of finding yummy underground things, put your site on a mountainous (^) tile in the middle display, and then make sure that your embark location has many, many ^'s on it.  These are the only places that you'll find any yummy underground things--including underground rivers, underground lakes, underground magma, and hidden fun stuff.

(Volcanos can be elsewhere.)</STRONG>

Actually, it's better to choose a mountainous tile in the middle screen, that has as few actual mountains in the left screen as possible, because in one of them will be the hidden fun stuff. So less actual mountains means easier search.
It's still hard to find, though, you have to dig DEEP.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!