Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Oh Armok, it has begun!  (Read 12594 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Armok, it has begun!
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2012, 10:11:26 pm »

Think we can convince the LHC guys to put a steel plate in front of the beam briefly to see how atomic-level obliteration will damage the integrity of the material?   It would probably just melt, though.

Is all this related somehow to the fact that these carp in real life jump and smack you in the face like a truck when you drive by them on a speed boat?  No kidding.

Yes.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2012, 10:28:10 pm »

I doubt they would risk the damage to their expensive science fair toy...

Especially considering what that pidgeon's baguette did last time.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2012, 04:07:19 am »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2012, 05:22:24 am »

Well the collisiosn themselves are exactly what would happen to the protons hitting a solid target - thats what the collider is for. Where the protons meet nuclei in the target ( usually gold ), they combine/explode and birth-of-the-universe conditions (and primitive matter debris) are what result. Of course the beams are low-powered enought to not vapourise the equipment and/or scientists and/or planet around the target.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]