Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traders?  (Read 853 times)

tailpipe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Traders?
« on: March 02, 2012, 08:11:53 pm »

So this is the seccond migrant wave of my fortress that has gotten a trader npc that does nothing but stand around the edge of the map were they arrived. I can't do anything with them. Explain or link to explanation if someone could please.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Traders?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:14:51 pm »

Need more info.  Also I lol'd at "npc".

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 08:27:09 pm »

I have two of them, not sure how to post pics, but there are at the edge of map and listed as "Friendly" under units, neither are moving

(how do i post pics?)

I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:32:06 pm »

Are they walled in by trees?

In the last version, I did some amusing experiments with trapped trade liasons concerning the raising of nobles.

I let them pile up on the edge of the map, and then let them out with suitably spaced timing that they all initiated the "congratulations! You get to pick a noble!" Dialog in rapid succession, picking a different dwarf as the noble each time.

I forget what the outcome was though. I really should have kept notes.

Just look for trees blocking them in.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:36:14 pm »

If you're in windows, just find the print screen button, usually abbreviated to PRTSC, hit it, and then open PAINT and paste the image.

NOTE: pressing the print screen button will have absolutely ZERO visible effect. But it copies a picture of the screen to the clipboard for you to paste. Save that, then upload it to www.img.ie , then post the url they give you here inside the following tags without the spaces:
[ spoiler ] [ img ] www.example.url [ /img ] [ /spoiler ]
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »

Personally, I would suggest ALT + PRTSCRN

This automagically captures only the active foreground window, and not the whole desktop.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 08:41:46 pm »

This automagically captures only the active foreground window, and not the whole desktop.

... I hate you. For YEARS I've cropped the image before posting, before finally getting tired of the extra work...
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Thuvian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 08:44:56 pm »

It's a bug that has been happening with the 2012 release. It might be related to the migration issues (ghosts, necros, etc). Some have reported that these traders eventually join caravans, others have stated they just hang out until they are killed.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 08:51:17 pm »

... I hate you. For YEARS I've cropped the image before posting, before finally getting tired of the extra work...

*looks at shoes in typical engineer fashion*

(I tend to have that effect on people...)

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 09:39:11 pm »

The showing up in units as friendly
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
one of them stuck, with much room to move around.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.