Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: so ive been researching legends....  (Read 764 times)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
so ive been researching legends....
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:41 pm »

... to test my changes for my goblin mod, and i have happened upon some... anomalies.

the big one here -

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
after being murdered, this goblin packs up and moves.  then a half century later, this corpse is taken prisoner.  this goblin is listed as having died in the year 7, but that does not have slowed him down any.

note:  if something is raised by a necromancer, that message is included in the legend mode recount of that creature.

then we have:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the goblin gods i have allowed seem to have a sense of humor. "I CURSE YOU, LIZARD MAN, TO BECOME A MANLIKE LIZARD WHEN THE MOON IS FULL!"
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: so ive been researching legends....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:17:14 pm »

Surprisingly both of these been seen before ;p

Yeah, bug. Except the second one, think of it as goblin gods cursing something to assume the form of a less sophisticated form of species

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: so ive been researching legends....
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:29:23 am »

Surprisingly both of these been seen before ;p

Yeah, bug. Except the second one, think of it as goblin gods cursing something to assume the form of a less sophisticated form of species
their gods are invariably in the form of themselves - "depicted as a male goblin"

for some reason, when i read about goblin pantheons,  i get the image of goblins sitting on clouds in togas tossing off lightning bolts.  someone needs to draw that.

they have funny god sphere combinations, but they bizzarly make sense, from a goblin viewpoint.  gods of "torture, muck, and love", "thalldom, order, oaths, and friendship", ive even gotten a completely sea themed one.  had a water-associated name, spheres were lakes and beaches, and started a temple/cult both with water themed names and positions.

one in perhaps fifteen will have a non-goblin shape.  ive seen a honeybee god of harvests and fertility, and a cappybara god of lies and treachery.

also, were sheep seem to be common in my world.  in my last (now deleted) world, i had a kobold were-sheep with a full name.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time