Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: big pond on ocean  (Read 1112 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
big pond on ocean
« on: March 19, 2008, 07:18:00 am »

i've just created a nice world which is split to two parts:
north with humans, dwarfs and goblins
suth with elves, dwarfs and goblins
i was just wondering wath if i make a fortress to bridge between the two parties (there are parts of map where i could.)
will this influance the civs trade covering? i would make just a bridge(or floors wich are more robust) of 3-4 tiles between the two continents to make it passable if it works.
has anyone experienced with such things?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
Re: big pond on ocean
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 08:13:00 am »

I don't think anyone ever got a world split in two by an ocean, if that's what you have.

If you build a bridge between the two continents, it won't change anything as far as global trade is concerned since it has not been implemented yet.

Nonetheless, good luck with your plan. Give us news of your project from time to time.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:04:00 am »

I'd love to see a seed for that world; unfortunately this will not allow traders to travel.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:24:00 am »

it happens on many small maps and even more if they dont have the same x:y dimensions ... bat anyways my map was buggy a littlebit (i couldent make x=y worlds while it rejected them all the time) so i dont think my seed would work, and after i have some problemme with thet world because he wouldent start a game (DF crashed) so i decided to reinstall it completly but if i refound a split world i will tell u the seed... i haden't thougth thet it is so rare  :D
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

Yeah, I got a split "medium" world recently. Didn't like it otherwise though, so I wiped it without getting the seed. If I get one again I'll save the seed I guess.
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »

just one example:
Created in DF v0.27.176.38c.

[WORLD_GEN]
   [TITLE:SMALLER]
   [SEED:3602564448]
   [DIM:33:129]

(how ever it isn't so nice one ...

Mohreb el Yasim