Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Threetoe's Stories - Arranged into a book!  (Read 2687 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Threetoe's Stories - Arranged into a book!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:04 am »

The donation stories could make theyr own Book ^^. An i have 50 bucks stored for the case a real official Hardcoffer surfaces at some point.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Silver_Kiwi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 11:00:21 am »

Took me about a week but I am done!

It's a nice idea and a good design, but having looked at the typographical design on the first pages it struck me that some lines have overlength and break the otherwise nice justification of the text. For a serious publication like the one your work claims and appears to be this is unacceptable. It'd be worth to put yet more effort into it to have a flawless typographical design.

Wow, I completely missed that! Unacceptable! I've found a way to let the software use a little looser text spacing to prevent this from happening, but I need to go through an find all the locations. Stay tuned, a more typographically correct version will be uploaded to the DFFT site sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Silver_Kiwi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:12 pm »

Ok, version 1.1 of this text if complete! Overlength line problems have been solved (I think!), as well as a few other issues such as the occasional apostrophe showing up incorrectly. I've also added the requested shout out to ASCII art rewards and a link to some of the past ones on the wiki.

I think I will now take this same approach with all previous ASCII art rewards. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 02:15:15 am »

Huh, this thread inspired me to go look at threetoe's old stories.  I just read "The Nation of Man", the fourth story, and noticed some things:
  • There seemed to be gender roles, something the current game doesn't have.
  • Goblins had to eat, and were devouring humans.  They don't do either of those things anymore.
  • The story featured a depiction of famine that was much more... interesting than what we have now.  If you look in legends famine is basically just a list of people starving to death.  In the story it starvation triggers a series of bloody wars that ends in
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All in all the appeal of threetoe's stories seems to be half the writing and half what it represents for the future.  I'm interested in what happens, but I'm also thinking "if the game ever gets to the point where this is possible, I'm never playing anything else."

(sorry for unrelated post, couldn't think of anywhere else to post about such an old story)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:34 pm »

Just want to say that this is awesome on my Kindle, thanks for putting this together and thanks to Threetoe for the fantastic stories  :)

Huh, this thread inspired me to go look at threetoe's old stories.  I just read "The Nation of Man", the fourth story, and noticed some things...
All in all the appeal of threetoe's stories seems to be half the writing and half what it represents for the future.  I'm interested in what happens, but I'm also thinking "if the game ever gets to the point where this is possible, I'm never playing anything else."

I have the same feeling.  Nation of Man is a really great story, and I can wait for the army arc to start when, hopefully, tales like this will begin to appear from the game.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...
Pages: 1 [2]