Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.25]DF Extended-More of everything!  (Read 1090 times)

Rgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [RELIGION: JEWISH]
    • View Profile
[0.31.25]DF Extended-More of everything!
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:31:46 pm »

The Mod

DF Extended is a mod I have been working on with a friend for a while now, doing exactly what it's name implies: It is intended to extend every aspect of the game, but currently is limited to what I have tested to work in-game. It is available as either separate components, or one comphrehensive download.

Installation:

1. Download desired mod fragments, or the whole mod.
2. Extract the .zip files
3. Copy-paste all .txt files EXCEPT permitted_reactions.
4. Open permitted_reactions and entity_default, and copy-paste the contents of permitted_reactions into the middle of the other ones inside your playable race.(ENTITY:MOUNTAIN, or something similar)
5. Open DF, and go into arena mode. Select the default raws, create a creature, and search for uranium items. If they are present, then the mod was installed correctly. Generate a new world and enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
Q: I can't make any new metals!
A: You didn't add the permitted reactions to your player race (Normally dwarves.)

Q:I don't see any new (insert appropriate item here)
A: You didn't add the correct files to the raws.

Downloads(Mediafire):

http://www.mediafire.com/?8fsjntd352v84kgComplete mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sn5xt63a2ztea31New minerals and metals.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qcp55c6oubf11poNew weapons

-More coming as I test it! Feedback is always appreciated, as are suggestions for additional content.-

Coming Up!
Plants! And a type of booze associated with almost every new plant, except Hemp, which has a very long growing period, and is designed to be a valuable trade good. Ready for testing.
Critters! From vermin to giant lizards with poison fangs, undead, and skeleton archers with poisoned arrows. Much work remains to be done here.
If it's allowed, a pre-modded game so no work is needed for installation.
Magic!(When the mod updates to 0.34.XX)

On Updating to 0.34.XX
This mod will update once we are on a stable version. Individual segments may update sooner.
Rgamer likes dwarves for their industriousness. He dislikes small dogs for their annoying barking, enjoys a good run, and prefers to consume steak, potatoes, or apples whenever possible. He likes native silver, granite, marble, and ebony.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [0.31.25]DF Extended-More of everything!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:07:27 pm »

Just downloaded it and will have a look. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [RELIGION: JEWISH]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25]DF Extended-More of everything!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 06:39:24 pm »

Many thanks.

Also, due to my workload in school, I haven't had much time to look over the new raws and look at what needs updating. Probably should put that in the OP.(Also, I'm waiting for the version to reach stable like it did with .31.25 to really start working, because of the animal & magic parts of the mod.)
Rgamer likes dwarves for their industriousness. He dislikes small dogs for their annoying barking, enjoys a good run, and prefers to consume steak, potatoes, or apples whenever possible. He likes native silver, granite, marble, and ebony.