Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark fortresses.  (Read 886 times)

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dark fortresses.
« on: February 25, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »

I traveled to where they are on map. 3x3 region squares of nothing special.
Is it possible to visit them in adventure mode?
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dark fortresses.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:53:30 pm »

no, just like mountain halls and tree cities, you can't visit them in this version
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 04:55:04 pm »

I do notice that inside the goblin civ's territory, you'll get goblin ambushes, though. But, keep in mind that their territory is WAY bigger than just the dark fortress on the map, usually.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 05:13:15 pm »

But I assume, just like with dwarven mountain halls and elven retreats,
you can get goblin settlements to appear for your adventurer, if before world creation you change the default settlement type of goblins from dark forress to city

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:51:23 pm »

I do notice that inside the goblin civ's territory, you'll get goblin ambushes, though. But, keep in mind that their territory is WAY bigger than just the dark fortress on the map, usually.

That's controlled by the [LOCAL_BANDITRY] tag, add it to every civ and relish in the carnage!

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 07:05:24 pm »

That's controlled by the [LOCAL_BANDITRY] tag, add it to every civ and relish in the carnage!

Ooh :D... Thank you for the tip! I'll have to try that sometime. Maybe that'll make up for having so many werebeast quests, rather than roaming bandits...

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 03:41:20 am »

i'm testing goblins living in caves.  as i have found a cobold cave that links to the caverns, i am really looking forward to finding an actual goblin cave and seeing how they worked out.

i think they may all be dead, though.  too many wars against the bastard elves, who would let their giant dingos eat my snatched children.  that is no lie, i'll screencap the battle reports in legends.

and invincible dwarven armies with jabberrers, and humans raiding with poler bears.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time