Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds killed my adventurer, but I found something out from how they did it.  (Read 1584 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Background: Demigod min/maxed naga adventurer (from NW_Kohaku's mod...thingy), entered a kobold cave. She hacked her way through the entire cave and decided to check in the caverns for more treasure.

It turns out that the 100-odd kobolds in the upper levels of the cave were maybe half of the kobold living there. I dropped my pack, heavy with goods and kobold corpses (I was planning on becoming a necromancer), and watched my speed go up to almost double its previous value, before slaughtering several more. Eventually, I collapsed from exhaustion, which I knew was Bad. Then I fell unconscious from over-exertion. Then the game began calculating stuff for a few minutes.

After that, I was dead, having suffocated. A couple pages in, I noticed something which I thought was interesting. A couple pages later, I decided to take a screenshot of it.

That's right. Crowns can deflect blows. Oh, and either I woke up a few times or you can suffocate from headshots. But the crown part is the important one.

The moral: When in adventurer mode, find a steel crown to put atop your helm for added protection. Maybe I'll try seeing if other jewelry can protect other body parts, but it'll be difficult to get enemies to target fingers/etc, so maybe not.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile

helm and mask with a lot of hoods is possibly the best defense for your head you can get, helm and 2 caps is good too but has no face protection.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Add a crown on top of that. Bingo! Occasional deflection via crown!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile

Headshots will Damage the Spine, restricting Breathing.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Infinite bling shall become the new shield wall

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Infinite bling shall become the new shield wall

Say, do other kinds of jewelry ever deflect attacks?

I feel the need to take this to its logical extreme, if possible.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.