Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werid Civ  (Read 578 times)

Stormblade

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Werid Civ
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:35:24 pm »

Hey i'm new here, but not new to Dwarf Fortress i love it. Only play AdventureMode though, i never could get my head around the Fort part of the gameplay and i'm having too much fun with Adventure Mode  ;)

I started up a new world with the latest updates, and had something really werid. It's probrably nothing strange but i had this whole civ up in the north where its colder, called the Kingdom of Immortals be ruled over by this vampire law giver, one of my heroes managed to actually kill him but in looking up the history of that Civ i found out that apprantly it had been created by some necromancer who left it to create this huge tower and it was then ruled over by this vampire that came along who ruled over it for pretty much most of the time this civ has been around, where all the lord postions being mainly filled at least at the start by Vampires. They gave strange names to places too like the Path of Mortality and worshiped a God linked to Death and War.

This vampire called Emtha eventually got beaten by the vampire i would kill in the future named Rilstud who took over as Law Giver  and ruled over it for a good long time until i came along in 216 and filled him full of arrows. Now this Civ is asking me to take out the Necro tower of the Necromancer who first built this Civ, i looked that place up too and this woman wrote thousands of books and even created some artifact while bringing in other Necromancers to study under her. I went there and got taken out by a horde of zombies under the command of some Necromancer Dwarf Cook.

It's pretty werid how this Civ has turned out, i feel almost bad for the people being forced to live under the boot of necromancers and vampires lol. still, i wonder has anyone else had a simliar Civ like this before? and what happens after you kill their Law Giver, does someoneelse take their place?

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Werid Civ
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »

Cool story bro. (Not joking!)

Things like this make me more and more eager to start playing adventure mode myself. Dont know why but those stories often remind me good old WFRP (1st edition of course).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.