Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins not surviving world gen?  (Read 879 times)

Thelogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblins not surviving world gen?
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:21:00 am »

I'm a big fan of megabeasts, and I like the possibility of catching a dragon in every fortress, so I always gen a really large number of megabeasts.

I also gen quite a few werewolf curses, necromancer secrets, and vampire curses.

My world generation has been lasting about three or four hundred years.

But so far I haven't seen a single goblin in my four or five fortresses in this version. Are the large megabeast and other world-gen dangers killing off the goblins, or am I not giving them time enough to expand?

I know they exist in world gen, because I see the records of the many beasts attacking goblin cities (and the goblins kill each other quite a bit), and I see necromancers with goblin zombies.

But site records indicate only 2-3 goblins sites in my worlds, which could be part of the problem...

So the question is, can I make sure I get a big enough goblin population to get sieges, while still keeping my werewolf, necromancer, vampire, and megabeast populations high? If so, how?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins not surviving world gen?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:19 am »

I'm a big fan of megabeasts, and I like the possibility of catching a dragon in every fortress, so I always gen a really large number of megabeasts.

I also gen quite a few werewolf curses, necromancer secrets, and vampire curses.

My world generation has been lasting about three or four hundred years.

But so far I haven't seen a single goblin in my four or five fortresses in this version. Are the large megabeast and other world-gen dangers killing off the goblins, or am I not giving them time enough to expand?

I know they exist in world gen, because I see the records of the many beasts attacking goblin cities (and the goblins kill each other quite a bit), and I see necromancers with goblin zombies.

But site records indicate only 2-3 goblins sites in my worlds, which could be part of the problem...

So the question is, can I make sure I get a big enough goblin population to get sieges, while still keeping my werewolf, necromancer, vampire, and megabeast populations high? If so, how?

If you want to keep the current world you can just press tab until you come on the neighboors screen, so you can see if goblins CAN attack (and mayby they are peacefull) i dont think goblins send historical figures soldiers, but law-givers can sometimes be historical figures so your best shot without genning a new world woulud be checking if they can reach you.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.