Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fertilizing spam  (Read 1736 times)

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
Fertilizing spam
« on: August 13, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »

For some reason my dwarves want to fertilize the fields even though I have no potash yet. I get messages like

... cancels Fertilize Field: needs Potash.

every few seconds. This is beyond annoying. I even started building Ashery to stop that madness...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Fertilizing spam
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:01:00 pm »

Does this happen every time somebody builds a farm?  I've seen it before, but I've built some farms now and I've got no messages.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 05:02:00 pm »

it just pops up every once in a while for me

ussdefiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 05:56:00 pm »

generally every time the season changes is when i get that spam.

Elethiomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 07:22:00 pm »

So where are buckets of lye supposed to be stored? i.e. which stockpile? Because I have some buckets of lye but I can't make them into potash because they're sitting in the other ashery.
 good signature is a concise and original summary of personality. This is not a good signature.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 07:33:00 pm »

they should take them to empty barrels in the furniture pile (this is a reason why empty barrels aren't put in food).

Elethiomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 08:47:00 pm »

This is not being done =\
 good signature is a concise and original summary of personality. This is not a good signature.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 08:51:00 pm »

Has anybody got lye to store correctly in barrels?  It worked last time I checked.  As usual, make sure you have a hauler (it might be under food hauling, or item, barrel jobs can be odd) who isn't on break or being an idiot.  With the current set up, you'll also need to make sure you don't have a bunch of inactive haul jobs in [j], since those clog things up.  I'm patching that tonightish, and you can also trying getting those jobs done if that's the problem.

Elethiomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 09:33:00 pm »

Haul jobs are my major problem right now. I have a Master Miner who mines as fast as the animation goes - when he went to sleep and the Adept Miner I had took over for him I got really confused because I thought the game was paused.

I need more woodcutters and more furnace operators so my furnaces can produce coal 24/7 and my smelters can produce bronze ore 24/7 - I got one of my metalsmiths to Legendary Armoursmith from a Fey Mood -- and armour is bronze- and coal- heavy.

I also need more haulers and farmers...

BUT: I went through the jobs list and checked every single haul job for a bucket of lye. None showed up.

It might just be me being tired though. I'll sleep on it and check again tomorrow.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 09:39:00 pm »

If there were that many haul jobs, maybe clearing them to give room to the lye job is the issue.  Haul jobs can really stack up if you let them, even if you try your hardest.  Especially if you mine a lot.

Elethiomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 05:56:00 am »

With all these migratiory workers showing up on my doorstep wanting room and board, I do have to mine a lot... Plus, galena veins galore! I can't just let that silver sit there, can I?

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 06:01:00 am »

I'm having a similar problem.  I can produce lye no problem, but as far as I can tell I've never been able to get the dwarves to turn it into potash.  Not once.  They complain that there's no lye available, even when (early on) there's a bucket of it sitting in the ashery, or (later on) when there's a barrel of lye in my food storage.  Nothing seems to matter; they just can't find it anywhere.

Maybe they're producing the potash, using it, and then making more lye, though...

[ August 14, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 11:37:00 am »

I can try and get the sequence going over here and see if i notice if it's become broken in some fundamental way.