Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dehydration  (Read 4780 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Dehydration
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 10:31:35 am »

Last I remember, it was still possible to give flasks to your dwarves that they then fill with booze. The flasks only hold 3 units, but they drink from 'em instantly from what I've seen and it sates thirst just the same. Downside to this approach is that you need to put every dwarf in a "military" squad if you want it to work.

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »

they could reach them, and i had a bookkeeper before i restarted i had a bunch of dwarves die in my food storage were teh booz were... was like WTF man?

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 03:40:29 pm »

ive had bolts and everything they just dont do it... i guess nothing is out to hun?

they weres till choppin trees up to the dehydration problem i was working on deforesting the map but the trees grow back too fast prolly a good thing

Did you allot them ammo in the military menu? I think it's f, then make sure hunters have some ammo available.

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 05:00:41 pm »

yeah... i think its cuz they didnt have quivers on load out i herpderped there >.< just figured it out with my last fort

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 06:00:45 pm »

For your bookkeeper, make sure he's going for Highest Precision. (n -> select bookkeeper -> s -> up-arrow once)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:46 pm »

yeah i had him that high but like i said i re enbarked so i didnt have one does the record keeping skill affect anything?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 11:05:04 pm »

yeah i had him that high but like i said i re enbarked so i didnt have one does the record keeping skill affect anything?
It makes the difference between knowing you have 10? plump helments and having 6.  Or having 8000? bolts or 7650. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 01:02:50 am »

A thought occurs. Check to see that you haven't accidentally forbidden logs, such as the type which booze barrels might be made.
Pages: 1 2 [3]