Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Am I missing something?  (Read 604 times)

pvtpob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Am I missing something?
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:03:30 pm »

Okay, so I finally got a really good adventure game going. I had like 15 companions and a really strong guy. I had just finished a quest to kill a guy in some catacombs and then I wiped out all life in the catacombs. I noticed that my guy was really tired so I surrounded myself with companions and went to sleep for 8 hours. When I woke up I was sourrounded by like 20 enemies and my companions were nowhere to be found. I died like instantly! Is this a glitch? Or does this happen a lot?
The Stray Yak Bull grabs the Stray Horse Foal by the nose with his left rear leg!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 08:06:24 pm »

My companions are never around when I wake up. When I sleep in lairs, they're all above ground at the entrance. (Which actually works since I've woken up to find them fighting stuff...) When I sleep in town, they're outside the building, around the back, and pretty much all over the place.

So I'm guessing you got ambushed in your sleep and your companions were all out of range to notice.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Pringer-X

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Am I missing something?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:14:13 pm »

I've noticed when I sleep, enemies in dungeons will respawn from their spawn points every time you sleep. And yeah your companions will never be near you when you wake up. So basically if you have to sleep in a dungeon try to pick a spot well away from any enemies you've seen to avoid waking up surrounded.