Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Dwarven sea monster ?  (Read 1509 times)

rethnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Dwarven sea monster ?
« on: February 21, 2012, 02:53:20 pm »

Since swimming is so easy to level up, and most creatures in DFA can't swim I would like to turn my dwarf into a sea monster, latch onto their leg and drag them into the water where I could continue to bite them relentlessly. Sadly I am missing one piece of the puzzle, dragging people into the water, is that possible? I know in fortress mode injured parties get hauled away so I was hoping that I could do the same in Adventure mode, only for more nonferrous reasons.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: A Dwarven sea monster ?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 02:55:30 pm »

Actually yanking a guy in is probably impossible yeah. But there's always the carp method of hoping they dodge into the water or jump in during a charge.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 03:11:27 pm »

yea sadly not, or i'd have done it and started pullin people into the water and killin em real easy, assassins creed style.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:31:47 pm »

Turn into a tigerfish ...
I had an encounter with one and he managed to attack me while I was standing next to the river and, with his seconds attack even managed to pull me into the river and underwater (fortunately I was finally able to kill it and return to the surface, before my supply of air ran out)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:33:36 pm »

Wait wait wait, hold on, I see another hiccup: how often do you fight enemies within dragging distance of a stream, river, lake, ocean, or any other drownable-sized body of water?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

rethnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »

Wait wait wait, hold on, I see another hiccup: how often do you fight enemies within dragging distance of a stream, river, lake, ocean, or any other drownable-sized body of water?
eh, who cares :) besides a lot of villages have rivers through them.

would be pretty awesome to become a werecarp... hmmm

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 04:07:02 pm »

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yea, turning into a carp at random, while raiding a necrotower would be FUN

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 04:41:29 pm »

Yea, turning into a carp at random, while raiding a necrotower would be FUN

I lolled hard
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Plazek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 05:33:06 pm »

If your strong enough throwing via wrestling might work...

I was practicing my wrestling on a crab the other day and I threw it pretty far, the vampire I tried to throw though, not so successful.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:45 pm »

yea sadly not, or i'd have done it and started pullin people into the water and killin em real easy, assassins creed style.

If you sneak, latch on, then move away you can pull creatures >:£