Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rescuing wounded soldiers?  (Read 1717 times)

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rescuing wounded soldiers?
« on: May 12, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

Hello every1. Started playing this game a few days ago and I'm loving it so far. Cant believe its only a two-man project in alpha-stage  :)

Anyway I just won a battle against a few goblins and two of my soldiers became crippled and unconscious and cant make it back home on their own.

But I cant make any of my other 60 or so dwarves to help rescue my helpless heroes. One of the miners carried one of them a few feet and then dropped him again. The others just dont care and are more interested in collecting all the goblin stuff lying around. There's nothing happening in the joblist. Mos t of the dwarves arent even occupied

I read another thread suggesting to draft/undraft the dwarves but that doesnt seem to help

Any ideas?

Ubersoldat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rescuing wounded soldiers?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »

Try setting one or two useless peasants to health care only, they should eventually go rescue your wounded dwarves and hopefully feed them afterwards.

I find that setting a few peasants to 'hauler' and just letting them do nothing but miscellaneous tasks does a lot to prevent stuff like this happening. I'd also experiment with designating all the nice gobbo stuff your dwarves are going after to forbidden.

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »

Finally one of my original 7, the carpenter/engraver took some responsibility and carried one of them back.

Still the unconscious one left. Two dwarves brought him some water and food. He lies on the other side of a brook. Could that be a problem?

Faustus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by galmud:
<STRONG>Finally one of my original 7, the carpenter/engraver took some responsibility and carried one of them back.

Still the unconscious one left. Two dwarves brought him some water and food. He lies on the other side of a brook. Could that be a problem?</STRONG>

Do you have some free beds available for him to be put in? I'm not sure if beds that are part of barracks can be used, but beds that are part of rooms can't for sure. At least, owned rooms.

That may or may not be your trouble =) but it's a likely place to start.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 08:13:00 pm »

oh man, THATS why that injured guy isnt heading over to rest!  THANKS!

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 01:16:00 am »

thx for the help all

I checked my barracks and theres plenty of beds avialable.

Goblins just started a siege so I have to get every1 inside. I guess my poor wounded soldier will die soon of dehydration  :(

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

He was picked up, and then dropped you say?

There is apparently a bug with rescue attempts that are failed due to other more important tasks (read: eating, drinking and slacking). To save your poor dwarf you'll have to reset his status. (AKA, Deactivate him from the military, then Activate him again)

RickiusMaximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 06:14:00 am »

Check their wounds- if they're really badly injured particularly spine, lungs and brain you might want to consider, erm, leaving them a pistol with a single bullet?
quot;A Noble would have to be very fast, very tough, have the ability to breath water, survive a fall from about 30 stories, have asbestos skin, innards made of titanium... then, and only then, would he dare to demand Adamantine items"