Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Adventurer  (Read 1220 times)

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
Goblin Adventurer
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:26:20 am »

So I was wanting to start on a horrible, deadly, evil map. Tiny and filled to the brim with monsters. I went into adv. world gen and created this world. I set the number of civs allowed to 1.

I came out with a world 1050 years old, inhabited by evil zomboids and gobbos.

Of course you can't play fortress mode as a gobbo, but you can play as an adventurer if there are no other civilizations left.

The thing is is that there is only the single dark fortress, and it of course doesn't show up. This means that I act similarly to a Human outsider, but I'm short and green and can start with armor and weapons other than copper spears.

I know this is a seemingly unimportant thread, and I know that people have done this before, but I'd like to know what the benefits to this are and if any of you guys do this often.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Adventurer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:33:04 am »

dont think there are benefits at all, but i'm sure you can change the raws so that dark fortresses are towns in some way.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:42:32 am »

Bah I always start with silver weapons.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:48:28 am »

i got lucky on my last map my first guy started with an iron longsword, he fell and died cus he dodged an arrow off a cliff tho, but i went and got the longsword on my next guy cus he started with a silver 2 handed sword.

my more recent guy started with a crap weapon maybe but i managed to get my hands on an iron longsword some time after and its got over a thousand kills on it
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:30 pm »

see my sig.

if you play a goblin when other people are not extinct, you will start in a human town (if they exist)

that human civ will be friendly until you accidentally attack a civ member (easy because the game does not do a "confirm" dialog.  usually happens on companions)

that and armor being as hard to come by as with a dwarf means goblin adventurers are kinda "hard mode"
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time