Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strangest World Theme?  (Read 1015 times)

JayThePro

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERSONALITY:SELF_CONTROL:0:2:100]
    • View Profile
Strangest World Theme?
« on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:38 pm »

I have been playing in a world for a while, discovering new entities and oddities, from end to end. The theme this world has seemed to grab is "Hate everything. Kill everyone." Around the time I retired, I took it upon myself to join in with the hate and killing.

On that note, what is the strangest theme you have ever encountered; Whether that be "Love Everyone", "Kill everything", or "Raid everyone" (As Examples)?

Vidox Darkling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest World Theme?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:52:38 pm »

The God (Or Goddess, I can't remember) of Gambling and Games, Ison, seems to have a grip on the place. We're currently in The Second Age of Heroes. From Ison's legends page, it seems he/she cursed a LOT of people to be werebeasts and vampires, so I'm thinking it was Ison who forced us into The Second Age of Heroes from The Golden Age.

Is that what you mean by theme?

JayThePro

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERSONALITY:SELF_CONTROL:0:2:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 05:36:04 pm »

Pretty much. I didn't expect many responses in the first place, due to the complexity of the way the question was formed. Werebeasts seem everywhere in my world too. Have to check it out.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 12:41:13 am »

I had once a world with elves conquering everything. By year 360 two elven civs had destroyed all other civilizations in 65x65 map. Thei military campaings were usually an assaults to five or so towns at once, annihilating the target's military power completely with quick, powerful concentration of force. The elves were completely ruthless; they seemed to join wars against goblins only to backstab their human and dwarven allies after goblins were down. By year 360 everything left from other civilizations was just a lot of ruins and couple of prisoners.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 11:48:46 am »

I once ran into a cult that.... I'll just quote their head clerk:

"Life is, in one word, suicide."

Shrugging it off at the time I recruited some of their worshipers as companions since they were covered head to toe in bronze with matching weapons. They later drowned themselves in the first river we came across. In hindsight, I should have seen that coming.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.