Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is still a problem.  (Read 877 times)

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This is still a problem.
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:39:25 am »

My successful short and stout dwarven hammerman approached a village, and requested a night in. People were appalled that such a legendary warrior wants to rest his head at their humble home. After drinking some mead, singing some songs, and performing a dwarven surgery once or twice, my short friend fell asleep. At dawn Maveric Sureleader would face a movie "Hangover" situation. Alone. On the roof. 10z levels high. Being a hard dwarf he was, Maveric hopped off the roof. As the fall continued, he though of picking up some encrusted socks in the mummy tomb. Upon reaching the ground FUN ensued. 15 turns of crawling around with half of his body smashed into a pulp, and both crushed lungs, Maveric put his iron warhammer in to his alpaca skin backpack and with the final gasp of air, Maveric Sureleader went to the place where diamond encrusted socks litter the world and cats never breed.

Sleep teleporting, psychotic village or a friendly prank?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: This is still a problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 02:17:00 am »

It seems to be sleep teleportation. Sometimes when I sleep in peoples' houses I get a similar problem, where I get warped out into the fields of crops. It used to happen in 31.25 too so it's nothing new, I think.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 02:25:14 am »

Have you tried fast traveling... i've noticed i can still do that whenever i wake up on the roof... you teleported up there, might as well teleport back down.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 02:25:49 am »

A little Shift-T and you're away without breaking your bones.

Edit: Argh, ninjas!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 02:32:44 am »

If you get into any sort of tight spot in (or under) a town you can also retire and unretire the character. I've done this for drowning, being cornered by a mummy, and while hungry and lost in a dungeon.

But if you just get Tele'd to the roof, fast travel should be enough.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 04:21:46 am »

I like to think you chose the local frat house to crash in, they all got drunk and thought it would be hilarious to move you somewhere while you sleep.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 04:26:55 am »

I like to think you chose the local frat house to crash in, they all got drunk and thought it would be hilarious to move you somewhere while you sleep.

They must have gotten drunk on MY mead. Bastards!

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 04:47:41 am »

They must have gotten drunk on MY mead. Bastards!
Wow, they must be elves then.
The bastards cant even handle a single beer, they get drunk just like the unhardened dorf children.
You should've never started feeding the damn elves...