Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mood=Death sentence?  (Read 1567 times)

Gislamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mood=Death sentence?
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:24:00 pm »

One of my best growers has become insane and is demanding things I can not supply ( such as glass, or a ''life ...''). I have tried drafting/undrafting. I am scared he will die of thirst. Anything I can do to stop the mood?

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mood=Death sentence?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:53:00 pm »

you could flood the workshop room or undermine it to kill him with a cave-in, but other than that you'll have to wait until he goes insane and dies.

MickEfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 01:31:00 am »

If you have war dogs, assign them to him. If he goes berserk, they'll have first crack at him.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 05:27:00 am »

The only way to make a fey mood dwarf not go insane is to give him what he needs, so if you don't have it, you're SOL.

On a related note, what does it mean when a fey mood dwarf mutters "tree...life..."?

[ November 08, 2007: Message edited by: Align ]

My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 05:29:00 am »

it means, strangely enough, he wants logs.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 07:44:00 am »

I could swear I've seen them ask for "logs.."... oh well. Guess that wasn't the missing ingredient.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 07:57:00 am »

There are 3 different non fell moods ( I believe ) and each will ask for things in a different way.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 08:49:00 am »

All of my moods have been sucessful, so far, oddly enough.  I've been lucky enough not to experience some of the horror stories others seem be having.  Luck of the RNG, I guess?

In other news, how do you assign dogs?  I train tons of war dogs, and all they do is follow the trainer.  It's rather odd having the hallways completely blocked off whenever he goes to do something.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 11:54:00 am »

Select Unit.

p > e > r

My dwarves are not your dwarves.