Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cleaning Blood and Vomit  (Read 4006 times)

Elvenshae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cleaning Blood and Vomit
« on: November 07, 2007, 06:43:00 pm »

So, can it be done in .33?

The front of my cave complex looks like the aftermath of a really bad rave, with blood all over the place and vomit as far as the eye can see.

Is there any way to get my dwarves to clean that stuff up?

Patryn of Elvenshae

Fenrir

Re: Cleaning Blood and Vomit
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »

There's no way to tell them to clean it up. You could probably pump water to you entrance to wash it away, but then that would leave mud. I've never tried anything like that, so I'm not sure.

ElkFlipper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:27:00 pm »

I think I read somewhere that cleaning is bugged, and that the dwarves will do it erratically, but that might have been fixed. Otherwise, you might try disabling all of the tasks from a dwarf other than "Cleaning."

Fenrir

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »

I didn't know dwarfs could clean.

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:36:00 pm »

Check some of your dwarves inventory after a while.  Most likely they will be COVERED in puke and dried blood.  I don't have a single dwarf not covered in bloody vomit.  So gross!

I wish we could fill a little pool and designate it the bath... those poor filthy bastards.

Akael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 09:48:00 pm »

You should have seen my barracks when I tried to train a pair of dwarves in using spears.

My new safer hammer dwarfs are still fighting in a pool of blood.

Fenrir

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 09:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Baro:
<STRONG>Check some of your dwarves inventory after a while.  Most likely they will be COVERED in puke and dried blood.  I don't have a single dwarf not covered in bloody vomit.  So gross!

I wish we could fill a little pool and designate it the bath... those poor filthy bastards.</STRONG>

You could designate a little pit as a meeting area then fill it when dwarfs go in.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 01:39:00 am »

As far as I can tell, dwarfs with the cleaning job don't scrub down walls and floors, they just clear away debris such as the broken bolts that appear around your archery targets.

Not too useful.

0x517A5D

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 03:07:00 am »

dwarves only clean underground. outside(including inside above ground) and living things dont get cleaned

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 04:48:00 am »

Designate the areas you want cleaned as meeting area's, they'll mill around the spot after a short while, and in my experience, clean away the blood faster than they trail it around the place.

Silene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 04:56:00 am »

quote:
Designate the areas you want cleaned as meeting area's, they'll mill around the spot after a short while, and in my experience, clean away the blood faster than they trail it around the place.

I noticed this too. Someone was always eager to clean around the statue!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 12:23:00 pm »

Hmmm. as far as I know, the 'cleaning' job is to let your dwarves clean weapon traps that have become cluttered, not scrub the floors. Pretty handy job. Without it your weapon traps won't work after a few kills..
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 07:22:00 pm »

I actually spied a  dwarf cleaning blood up off the floor... Once.  I noticed blood on the floors around him disapear, and upon looking at him,he had cleaning as his current job.  Problem was that he only cleaned a few tiles before he went back to 'no job' (and there were certainly more dirty tiles all around).  The dwarf in question was my expedition leader/broker/manager/bookeeper, who had at that time no jobs except cleaning enabled, since he had only recently been forced to 'attend meeting' with the latest merchants.

[ November 08, 2007: Message edited by: Keldor ]

If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 07:55:00 pm »

Dwarves will clean, but inconsistently, and they spread stuff faster than they clean it usually.