Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how to edit the raws for rock bins, and beds  (Read 1030 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
how to edit the raws for rock bins, and beds
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:02:01 am »

Lots of rock, not enough wood.  It also scares me that walking tramples my soil.

I could create wood, but rock bins and beds seem a bit more logical

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Cheating#Produce_Food

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: how to edit the raws for rock bins, and beds
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:33:37 am »

You need custom reactions. That's about all I can say right now...I'll get back to you once my computer gets back to working. Unless someone else beats me to it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:13:44 am »

Is there a way to assign the building of it to a masonry shop (or would it have to be removed from the carpentry shop to do so)?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:46:50 am »

If you want to make rock bins/beds, you either need to use a custom reaction or use a memory hacking utility (such as Dwarf Foreman) to insert a valid work order to make them. There is no other way.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:18 pm »

Making a copy of the rock pot reaction and making the appropriate changes to have it make a rock bin should be the way to go with this.  Just make sure you change all the relevant names to avoid duplication. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:49 pm »

Another way: make a reaction which turns rock boulders into rock logs ;D presto, the logs will be used for all wood-needing normal reactions.

Stone buckets, barrels, bins, beds, training axes ;D

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:50:27 pm »

Keep in mind that you will need to generate a new world in order for any of these new reactions to function properly (unless you steal a non-useful reaction already in the game or use a utility to add it in that is).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.