Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendly bandits and ambushes greet my modded adventurer?  (Read 506 times)

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Friendly bandits and ambushes greet my modded adventurer?
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:37:27 am »

Title says it all really, I can have a chat with the bandit camps who are very flattering about my various exploits and then I have to initiate any violence before I get the, 'I am ... prepare to die' blurb. Ambushes are similar I get the dialogue and then they just sit around and chat with me if I approach them!

I still have hostilities with were creatures and feral bandits in catacombs and sewers though.

I think its got something to do with the entity stuff for my modded adventurer poss missing a tag or something, anybody got an idea how to fix this? Or is it just my adventurer is a really likable guy  :)! The adventurer is only playable as an outsider btw.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Friendly bandits and ambushes greet my modded adventurer?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:44:52 am »

I have seen this too.  Bandits are only hostile to you if you are a member of a civilization or group that has been fighting the bandits.  If you are an outsider of some modded race, the bandits have no reason to be hostile to you, and will greet you when you talk to them.

It's even possible to recruit some of the bandits to accompany you.  Hilarity ensues after you visit a town accompanied by bandits.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly bandits and ambushes greet my modded adventurer?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:47:53 am »

I have seen this too.  Bandits are only hostile to you if you are a member of a civilization or group that has been fighting the bandits.  If you are an outsider of some modded race, the bandits have no reason to be hostile to you, and will greet you when you talk to them.

It's even possible to recruit some of the bandits to accompany you.  Hilarity ensues after you visit a town accompanied by bandits.

Heheh this could be quite fun! Cheers glad to know it wasn't a raw problem  :)