Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Station Squad  (Read 1618 times)

Chezni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Station Squad
« on: December 16, 2007, 04:45:00 am »

"Station Squad" seems to not work most of the time for me.  When I newly draft a dwarf into the military, the "Station Squad" command does allow me to position him wherever I want.

But after a few minutes, he just ignores the stationing command.  I can draft new dwarves and they station, but obviously this isn't optimal.  This isn't an issue with the dwarf running to get food or drink, or sleep, and this also isn't an issue with the dwarves following their squad commander to bed or something, they just won't move at all and ignore my stationing.

If I change their equipment preference, they run to get their new equipment just fine, but after that, they still don't listen to my command.  Likewise, they seem to be able to go get food when they need it.

Is this a bug or am I not using this command correctly?  Is there some trick to it?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Station Squad
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 04:47:00 am »

Check to make sure the squad is on duty, and if nothing else works, assign a patrol route.  They should listen to that, at least until they get a little thirsty.

Chezni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Station Squad
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 04:51:00 am »

Yes that seems to break them out of it!  After I set the patrol route, the "Station Squad" command begins working again.  Seems like a bug, but the workaround is very easy.

BTW, this wasn't an issue with them being off duty.

Thanks!!!!!