Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT discussion  (Read 518 times)

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT discussion
« on: February 18, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »

Format is, {FILL IN THE BLANK(EXAMPLE)}:

[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:{BODYPART(CHITIN)}]
      [EBO_ITEM:{ITEM FAMILY (SHIELD)}:{SPECIFIC ITEM(SHIELD)}:{WHERE THE MATERIAL IS FOUND(LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT)}:{WHAT THE MATERIAL IS(CHITIN)}]

Note the all capital letters.

This example would give a chitin shield if butchered from a creature that has chitin as a bodypart.  And there's probably a few tweaks there, since I still don't quite understand BY_CATEGORY completely.

I haven't been able to give an item produced this way a quality modifier.  [EBO_QUALITY:{#}] and [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT_QUALITY:{#}], when placed in the line after this give error messages in the errorlog.  And placing them after the material in the second line does nothing, including error messages.  I even tried [ITEMCORPSE_QUALITY:{#}] in both places and got nothing, not even error messages.

Anyone else find out anything about this tag?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:51:03 pm »

BY_CATEGORY refers to a category of body part(s), as defined by the CATEGORY: tag in body_*
For example, HAND would cause your creature's hands to produce that chitin shield when butchered.

You can replace BY_CATEGORY with BY_TOKEN and supply a specific body part, too -- BY_TOKEN:LH for the left hand, for example.

More explicitly, the format is [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BODY_TOKEN][EBO_ITEM:ITEM_TOKEN:MATERIAL_TOKEN]
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT discussion
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 04:10:12 pm »

I tried to use it, but cant get it to work porperly. Here is what I added.

[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:BODY]
      [EBO_ITEM:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD:INORGANIC:STEEL]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::