Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ammunition in shops?  (Read 786 times)

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
Ammunition in shops?
« on: February 20, 2012, 10:50:42 pm »

Has anyone had any luck finding ranged ammo (bolts or arrows) in shops?  I've looked in a few bowyer's shows and weaponsmith's shops and couldn't find any.  Is this also bugged like the armor shops, or am I looking in the wrong place? 

Also, in previous versions I thought the food shops sold booze as well.  Now that I have to drink, it would be more satisfying to have something better to drink than water, but all I can find in food shops is...food.  Or are adventurers supposed to only drink water (and lots of blood  ;))?  Maybe this was intentionally removed and booze will later be sold in taverns?

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ammunition in shops?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 11:09:25 pm »

I have the same issue. Sometimes, I find bow and xbow ammo in "imported goods" shops, but then again their numbers are limited. It's even harder to find backpacks in stores (sucks if you play an outsider).

My workaround for that is to simply hunt down bandits and get their ammo. As for the thirst thing, also, same solution. Hunt down bandits and other killable creatures and drink the blood splattered everywhere.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:17:45 pm »

No ammo in shops ever, that I have found.  However, asking locals about surroundings and raiding bandit camps give you more ammo than you could ever need AND it's free!

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:20:37 pm »

Ammo can be bought in the general imports shops.  I'm not sure whether I've seen booze... haven't looked for it, but my guess would be that a general imports shop would be your best bet.  And don't give up if the first one you visit doesn't have what you're looking for.  I've seen so-called general shops that only sold bone crafts.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:37:11 am »

Ammo can be bought in the general imports shops.  I'm not sure whether I've seen booze... haven't looked for it, but my guess would be that a general imports shop would be your best bet.  And don't give up if the first one you visit doesn't have what you're looking for.  I've seen so-called general shops that only sold bone crafts.

Well, they generally only sell bone crafts.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:15:34 am »

the metal craft shops will either be empty, or brimming to the rim with arrows and bolts, in which case you can take them all, shoot them at teh ground to get legendary bow/crossbow/archer, then leave and not pay anything... like a jerk!!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 03:38:58 am »

I agree with shops for imported goods selling bolts, however they are rarer to find than a pin in a haystack
(I managed to find 2 silver bolts in an import shop once, after going through countless import goods shops in 2 different towns ... and that was the only case ever that I found bolts for sale)

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 08:16:33 am »

I fully agree that this isn't a major problem, as there are plenty of places that you can get arrows/bolts for free.  That being said, maybe I should add the lack of ammunition, backpacks, waterskins, and quivers as a comment to the bug thread for the lack of armor in shops, as they are probably related?

I guess if ammo is meant to be sold in metalcraft shops now and is usually present then this isn't a bug, but I haven't yet seen a metalcraft shop.