Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: non-dwarven booze.  (Read 1548 times)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
non-dwarven booze.
« on: December 15, 2007, 07:00:00 pm »

does it make an impact on your dwarves? because i couldn't have a brewer brewing all the time while i had need of haulers etc in my current fortress, in fact i've been buying the stuff for so long one of my starting 7 has gained a preference for sewer brew.
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: non-dwarven booze.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 07:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bullion:
<STRONG>fact i've been buying the stuff for so long one of my starting 7 has gained a preference for sewer brew.</STRONG>

You sure he didnt have the preference all along?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Fenrir

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bullion:
<STRONG>...one of my starting 7 has gained a preference for sewer brew.</STRONG>

Throw that freak into a chasm!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 08:22:00 pm »

Sewer brew?  Eww.  Even swamp whiskey is better than that muck.

According to the game files, the best booze is actually not originally Dwarven.  Sunshine.

Sunberries are also dreadfully inexpensive, so I always try to get a few from the pointy-eared ones.  I can get quite a large stock for a single loincloth from some kobold thief, so long as the blood isn't on it anymore...