Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm confused with something...  (Read 755 times)

blah_1123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm confused with something...
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:44:40 am »

I can't seem to find the dwarven halls or elf retreats, I see them on the map and when I get there there is nothing there? do the dwarves live underground, and so are they hard to find?

I had another question but I forgot it... I always do that D:
I reccomend letting him go nuts, though.  If he goes berserk, free target practice for your military!  If he doesn't, raving naked bedridden dwarf!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm confused with something...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:46:56 am »

They don't exist. They are marked on the map but they don't physically exist.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:47:35 am »

Due to either a bug or just the fact that Toady has yet to do it, mountainhalls and retreats are unavailable in Adv. mode ( or any mode for that matter ). 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 10:52:19 am »

He removed them quite a while back while he balances out things. We've got much improved human settlements now at least, so it's probably on the "soonish" list...
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

blah_1123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:55:36 am »

Are the still records in legends mode of things happening in them?
I reccomend letting him go nuts, though.  If he goes berserk, free target practice for your military!  If he doesn't, raving naked bedridden dwarf!

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 11:03:36 am »

Are the still records in legends mode of things happening in them?

Yes, they exist via legends only, but they dont exist physically in the map if you go there.

You can, however, alter the default_entity.txt if you want. You can instead make elves (and dwarves too) make houses, roads, etc similar to Humans. This will take some tweaking but the results are more fun :3

blah_1123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 11:05:44 am »

I remember another question I had, can you actually butcher something? I don't seem to be able to.

Edit: Scrap that, I literally just worked it out, I thought the corpse would have had to be in your inventory.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:08:03 am by blah_1123 »