Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assigning Materials to New body parts.  (Read 609 times)

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assigning Materials to New body parts.
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:55:41 am »

I'm getting the "You perform 'x action', But it goes straight through".

Can anyone direct me to a decent guide for assiging Materials? The one on the wiki doesn't explain a lot. I've gone through the trouble of creating and assigning different parts to different castes etc, error tested and thy're functional except for this. From not knowing a thing earlier today that feels like an accomplishment.

Help a noob modder? I can pm or post the code if someone can help, would be greatly appreciated.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning Materials to New body parts.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:14:24 am »

The most basic one: [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:<bodypart category>:<tissue>]

BY_CATEGORY targets bodypart category tags, which can be anything you like. Its a convenient way to group bodyparts. You can also use BY_TOKEN where you simply specify one bodypart, or BY_TYPE where targer a type of bodypart (BY_TYPE:STANCE).

If that doesnt work you may want to post your creatures raws, as the errorlog can be rather ambiguous about tissue layer errors.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 05:23:45 am »

Thanks, if this doesnt work i will put em up.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 05:29:54 am »

Thank you, i totally understand what i'm doing now.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 05:40:14 am »

no prob ;)
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!