Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal traps- how to empty?  (Read 1486 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal traps- how to empty?
« on: November 06, 2007, 08:11:00 pm »

I have a rat in an animal trap. I want to know how to get rid of it. I know I can put it in a cage, but I don't want it in a cage. If I release it from the cage the dwarves just put it back in the animal trap. Any ideas on how to get rid of the little bugger?

Wahnsinniger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal traps- how to empty?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:49:00 pm »

Well, If you don't care about losing it, you can set it to be placed in a Pit/Pond (Activity Zone). The dwarves will release it into the pit and you'll have your empty cage again. Of course, the small animal will likely run away (They disappear from a pit with no exits, but it was open to the sky. I haven't tried it with some sort of fully sealed pit or anything).

I saw quite a disturbing behavior from my Legendary Woodcutter today. I noticed he was eating a strange thing in the dining hall. It turned out to be a Blue Jay. A LIVE Blue Jay.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 11:00:00 pm »

Do captured small animals run away even if you tame them and they have an "owner"?
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:28:00 am »

Nope. They carry vermin pets on their shoulders
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

MickEfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »

You do realize, that someone has to make a fortress on the ocean (or lake), build a wooden "boat" on the water with wood walls and floors, and the first dwarf to have an eye gouged out is getting a parrot on his shoulder, a job of "Cap'n" and a nickname of Davy Jones...

Arrrrrrr...