Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: constructing Craftdwarf's workshop  (Read 1372 times)

nicro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
constructing Craftdwarf's workshop
« on: December 15, 2007, 10:52:00 am »

I just decided I wanted some crafts to sell, so I sited a craftdwarf's workshop. The only problem is that nobody seems to want to build it. It doesn't require any skills to make, so wouldn't that mean all idlers would try to build it? None of them do. I can't get dwarves to make it manually using the nit list or [j]ob list. So my question is this: How do I get a dwarf to get off their ass and make this building? I might add that I haven't had any trouble with the more conventional workshops like the mason's or carpenter's.

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: nicro ]

Anjey aka PM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: constructing Craftdwarf's workshop
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 11:16:00 am »

To build it you should have dwarf with any of: stonecrafting, bone carving labors turned on
he greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the programmer rested. We''ve been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

nicro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »

Thanks. I have another related problem: When elves come to trade, I can't get my broker to go and trade with them. There isn't a 'trading' task, is there? Or is the best way to make him trade to just make him idle until he does it?

Flame11235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »

You need to go to the Depot and have it set to "trader requested" or something like that, and eventually your broker will head over there.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 05:15:00 pm »

[q]-[r] to request the trader at the depot.
And yes, remove all other jobs from the trader - it give him a better chance to actually go and do the trade.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday