Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding the Demigod/Hero/Peasant values  (Read 1279 times)

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding the Demigod/Hero/Peasant values
« on: February 17, 2012, 08:16:48 am »

How would one go about modifying the Point Value of starting characters in the Demigod, Hero, and Peasant categories?  Is there an easy way to do it?  Thanks for the help in advance.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding the Demigod/Hero/Peasant values
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 08:30:34 am »

There might be an easier way, but I used a memory editor once to just max all the values to see how a "maxed" out character would play.  It was fun, but it made it glaringly obvious that the game needed more stuff to do besides kill stuff.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 08:34:17 am »

I have Runesmith which lets you do just that, but there is not a version of it that works with 0.34.01.  I was hoping there would be a way to modify the aforementioned values so I can test some things in the new version... but I do not know how to go about doing that.  :(

EDIT: Just looked up memory editing DF.  Looks a little out of my league, to be honest.  Unless I get Painfully specific instructions I doubt I could do it.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:31:03 am by mithosaurion »

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:45:54 am »

Anyone?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:35 am »

It has to be a mod that actually edits the binary file of DF. Either that ore using third party memory editors. It isn't a thing you can change in the raws.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:50:20 am »

Do you know where I would look for something like that?  What I have found on the wiki, which google sends me to, seems to require some prior knowledge of the codes makeup.  Something which I do not have.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 01:53:29 pm »

Get cheatengine, select process, select 2 byte values, then search for current stat or skill value, increase/lower something, then change the value accordingly and press next scan
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?