Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some questions concerning the new features.  (Read 669 times)

blah_1123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some questions concerning the new features.
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:02:50 pm »

So I love the new game play but I don't understand some things. Like the criminals in the dungeons, dungeons under keeps were usually to keep prisoners in right? So surely the criminals should be chained up or something... I've only once came across a prisoner and that wasnt in a dungeon or keep it was in a small house in a hamlet. If you go into a keep can there people who own the keep believe you are trespassing and kiss you? I was once in a keep and there were 3 chieftess' ( :S ) in one and they ran at me and attacked me. How can you find a necromancer tower? And how can you find out if someone is a vampire without just walking up to everyone you see and accusing them, so far I've only found one vampire and he was a law giver.

Oh, and possibly a bug, the prisoner I said I saw earlier was a demon... I looked at his history in the legends mode and he was a goblin law-giver and then he was arrested. Surely arresting a demon isnt exactly realistic? Also he agreed to join me in my adventures and we just walked out without anyone doing anything. He breathed a vapour which was supposedly boiling and poisonous but it didn't seem to do anything I even had my character eat or drink it (don't know how, probably another bug) and it still didn't do anything.   

Edit: Oh, and does anyone else get massive lag in capital cities?
I reccomend letting him go nuts, though.  If he goes berserk, free target practice for your military!  If he doesn't, raving naked bedridden dwarf!

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions concerning the new features.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:14:30 pm »

As for where the towers are, when you create a world you are presented with a map of everything of the world at that point. They stick out as a purple 'I' in my build.

An easy way to find out again would be to duplicate your DF folder and go into 'legends' for your world, look up the historical maps and adjust the age to maximum.
A good Idea would be to export this map for future reference.

Hope this helps.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions concerning the new features.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:18:17 pm »

Lag in capitals is normal right now, I guess they need a little bit of optimization. Vampires commonly hold positions of power and wear tons of jewelery made from sentients. People will also sometimes give you quests to kill vampires when you're nearby one.

I remember the demon thing happening in 31.25 as well, though the breath is probably a bug.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0