Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well gone wrong  (Read 1050 times)

Kajotex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kajotex.de.vu/
Well gone wrong
« on: November 06, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »

Hi there.

this is an amazing game and i have two questions. first an ingame one:
I thought to myself "man your dwarfs sure are thristy... and its a few steps to the top to reach the river... why not build a  well near their rooms... so they will be able to drink from it with leisure"

so i consulted a tutorial in the wiki and tryed to build a channel from the surface to my little hideout. the outcome of this was... this:

you see that room just south west of my barrack? that was ma well room.... before it became the pool. I underestimated the physics of the game and though... well that the toilet would not cough up. from the surface to that level its around 3 or 4 more levels.

the question is... anyone know how to ... fix this... water experiment gone wrong?
And... does the door hold of the water for longer or would it.. well rot or get damaged over time?

and on a site note: I pla yhte game on full screen. Is there a way to scale the ASCII characters so the complete picture is not.... biased?

surry for the english... derman dwarfen here... hurrrrra!

cans maketh hoel!

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Well gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:31:00 pm »

If the water is from a river, it'll be there forever unless you wall off the channel somehow.
If it's from a lake or pond or something it'll dry up eventually now that you have disturbed it.

The door will hold forever(or until it's opened or removed at least).

My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.