Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves won't wood cut! HELP!!!  (Read 790 times)

controtie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarves won't wood cut! HELP!!!
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:08:00 am »

Right when I embarked my wood cutting was fine and successful. Now i have around 25 dwarves and try to get like two to wood cut again and they just wont have it. Some notes about the dwarves: they are atleast novice wood cutters, i have removed them from manager or sheriff positions just incase, they aren't in any squads, and they dont have any jobs enabled besides wood cutting. The problem might be equipment, they wont pick up axes. ive tried forbidding and claiming my 2 copper battle axes that are on the floor of my meeting room. I dont have any wood to make new wooden training axes.

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't wood cut! HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 11:15:15 am »

Only thing i can guess is..

1. They may not have the equipment to do it.
2. they have but they can't place it in a stockpile.
3. They are too lazy and are having a party?
4. Make sure they have it as a job to do.

(Sorry if this didn't help, i'm new to the game)

controtie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:31:11 am »

They have the equipment, the axes are just sitting on the floor of the meeting room.
My old stockpile is empty so they have a stock pile. Also the trees themselves that i designate to be cut are still there
I'm not sure how to check if they are having a party or if theyre lazy? In Dwarf Therapist and under "Jobs" in game, it just says No Job.
I selected Woodcutting in dwarf therapist under a few dwarves and made sure that no other skills were highlighted, hopefully that is enough?

drivec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 12:53:47 pm »

someone said there was a bug about equipment when selecting jobs for miner woodcutter and one other.. so u might try redoing the labors in game.

controtie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 01:27:18 pm »

someone said there was a bug about equipment when selecting jobs for miner woodcutter and one other.. so u might try redoing the labors in game.
Do you mean re-designating Cut Trees?

drivec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:33:11 pm »

i mean turn the labor on and off ingame because someone said the dwarves arent requiping sometimes when u do it in dt