Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sleeping issuses  (Read 827 times)

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sleeping issuses
« on: August 13, 2006, 12:40:00 pm »

A few of my dwarves seem to prefer falling asleep at work rather than going to the communal quarters I set up. One of them is temporarily trapped in my farm room because of me not understanding how to set up floodgates, so his behavior is understandable, but a farmer and a crafter both fell asleep in the fields/workshop, despite several free beds elsewhere. The doors are not locked, either.

edit: There's a mason sleeping in the hallway outside the barracks. Is there a problem with my dwarves not reaching the room before falling asleep?

[ August 13, 2006: Message edited by: Cosmonot ]

edit #2: The miner closed into the farm room was flooded, but rather than die, he was thrown to the door, woke up, waded through the light green water to his original position, and resumed sleeping, with no injuries!

[ August 13, 2006: Message edited by: Cosmonot ]

Kobolds carry copper crossbows.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Sleeping issuses
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »

Is the hallway part of the barracks cyan room Xs?  Sometimes they'll sleep on the floor of a barracks when they have trouble tagging a bed.  They also sleep on the floor if it associates them with hunting.  And, they also seem to sleep on the floor occasionally for no reason.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 01:02:00 pm »

It's not a real barracks, it's a room with seven beds in it with one of the beds set up as a bedroom. Does this not work? Should I specify it as a barracks for better results?

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 01:12:00 pm »

Designating it as a bedroom will have one dwarf claim it his and only that dwarf(and his wife/her husband) will sleep in there from what I understood of former discussions.
I just put my beds in a room and all the beds get used (I 1st thought having them dropped in the furniture pile would be enough..   :o ).
warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:17:00 pm »

Oops. This didn't seem to be a problem in previous versions, but I'll try the non-room thing.