Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Of deities, their incarnations, big cities and terrible errors  (Read 1218 times)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Of deities, their incarnations, big cities and terrible errors
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:42:31 pm »

So, my new adventurer obtained a task - travel to a big city north of here and slay a vampire called Uja Bathenwild.

On my way, I accidentally met my former character, a vampire that settled as a peasant in a small village after having a hand crippled. He is listed as "recruit" and states he is a soldier. I accused him of being a vampire, but he laughed into my face. Bastard.

Anyway, without too many incidents, I arrived to the city - my first city. What a mess, leatherworker shops everywhere, ruined temples, stray chicken and cats running everywhere, filth, dirt and sewers. How shall I find someone called Uja here? Anyway, I noticed a temple-like building, surrounded by walls. It was a bit strange, because the entrance was above ground, but there was a lucky slope that allowed me to jump in. Inside, strange people roamed. Strange women who were called "sacred rain", "heavenly cloud", "holy star", etc. No proper names, just this charade.

I navigated maze-like stairs going up and down, and came to a larger hall with a strange person - the name was "Uja - the deity". I looked up Uja in Legends later, and there is indeed a goddess called Uja, associated with murder and death, taking form of a human female. But this "deity" was a chameleon twisted to a form of a woman, beware here deadly vapor. I thought it's my target Uja Bathenwild, playing some cult games, but following my best-practice procedure, I asked her my usual question: "Are you Sarah Connor Uja Bathenwild, vampire and slayer of innocent people?" She of course laughed me into face. I asked her about profession, she said "I am a master". No matter, this person seemed suspicious. I decided to attack - lashed at her with my whip, but just could not touch her. She breathed something called "Black brute extract", it it here followers and my two henchmen, but no immediate effect could be observed.

Anyway, the next moment everyone was upon me, and those exalted New Age women sliced me to pieces with various silver utensils. I looked my killer in Legends, and she was "exalted snowflake", or something, formerly a fisherman seeking to prolong life by any means. Were there all vampires, or necromancers? I looked up my target Uja Bathenwild, and she was listed as "sacred rain" of Heavenly Denominations.

Could it be that I accidentally attacked a real goddess? My head hurts. Must be that black brute extract, whatever it is.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Of deities, their incarnations, big cities and terrible errors
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »

Just a demon that escaped the underworld. Pretty cool, actually.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:44:15 pm »

Something like that happened to me, a demon escaped the underworld and fooled people into thinking he was a god.
And indeed, he faked that he was the god of death Lomoth.

I made a character to help bring order to that region, after training for months I went and killed the demon, now Altair is known in the whole region as a Hero.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 10:21:02 pm »

The strange titles such as 'exalted snowflake' are related to religions, since religions now count as civs according to the Legends mode, they have positions of power (The same way most civs would have lords, etc.) which appear to be randomly generated, possibly the second word is related to a sphere of a God they worship?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 11:55:08 am »

Every now and then unique demons pose as gods and get lovely shrines built for themselves. That, was one of them.