Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do attributes have a cap?  (Read 991 times)

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do attributes have a cap?
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:17:50 pm »

If I were to train a dwarf's strength, for example, via whatever means necessary, would it cap at superdwarven/ultra-mighty, or would it go higher but be invisible?

Side question, can attributes be trained in adventurer mode? If yes, would wearing really heavy armor made from slade or something increase strength?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Do attributes have a cap?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:55:46 pm »

There are caps. You talking about Fortress or Adventurer?

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:41:58 pm »

Well, I was under the impression that adventurer mode was essentially fortress mode but with the entire world open for exploration, and with you controlling one creature. And I'm mainly concerned with this in adventurer mode.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 02:29:01 am »

The final name it gets given is under half the true maximum. They go up to 5000, final names are given at 1900-2250. The highest I've had in my limited experience is axe lords with ~3500 toughness. No reason they couldn't go all the way, I'm sure.

I don't know if/how stats can be trained in adventure mode. They're trained by working on a skill/training in fortress mode, and possibly by combat - but that might just be because the skills are going up then too.

Oh and there's no known way to improve disease resistance or recuperation rate. Or musicality, but that's useless.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:31:07 am »

IIRC attributes are capped at twice their starting value. they used to be uncapped in 40d and it left to Dwarves able do single-handedly kill whole sieges. Vampires get bonuses to stats, but after that there is no further growth or rust.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral