Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fairly new player, error/crashing  (Read 590 times)

chiefyk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Fairly new player, error/crashing
« on: February 17, 2012, 07:29:09 am »

Evening all.

So I've not played df for a long time, back when I did play I didn't have much time, most of my fortresses did last atleast a year though. I've updated to the latest version and all is going well, I get my first migrant wave... then I crash. No idea how, or why, or anything. I'm using the Pheobus graphics pack and Therapist. Would the Dwarf Therapist log be of any help to anyone if I posted it? Would you like the save to see if it's just me? I'm really stuck on this one and I really want to play  :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Does df drop an error log anywhere?

Moar edit: I don't crash the moment the migrant wave comes in, I crash at a certain point in time. Almost at the same point. It's roughly 5minutes after the migrants arrive. I've just tried getting a fresh version of df, no luck.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:36:16 am by chiefyk »

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fairly new player, error/crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:39:34 am »

With the new version it seems like some worlds are being generated that are corrupt and will cause crashes and other weird stuff. Try making a new one.

chiefyk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 07:40:23 am »

With the new version it seems like some worlds are being generated that are corrupt and will cause crashes and other weird stuff. Try making a new one.
Thanks, I'l give it a try. I really liked this fort though :( Ohwell. Onwards to glory!

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:46:09 am »

Well, it's a brand new version. Bugs come with it. If you need stability 31.25 is pretty rock solid.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:46:42 am »

There is a bug related to rejecting worlds in world gen, DF isn't cleaning up all it's data and if you reject a world, you need to close DF to try it again or it will be corrupted.

Or you could just wait until the bug fix is released since this is one of the first issues that is/will be resolved.

chiefyk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 07:51:39 am »

To be fair, from what I read a lot of people were saying it's a lot more stable... I was expecting bugs though.

The world I created for this save almost fried my computer, it was building at 1fps! The second one I've built now ran fine, hopefully this means no(or few) issues.

Thanks for the help :)