Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Execrable ash storms  (Read 8111 times)

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Execrable ash storms
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »

I'm fairly certain that the ash has randomized syndromes, since someone in one of the other threads got a cloud of ash that only made anything in it slightly dizzy but had no other ill effects.
I had a rain of Fetid Goo which made everyone dizzy (and some animals as well, my dogs seemed unaffected, kobolds and wild badgers were) and bleed a bit.

My creeping gloom works the same, but it comes in rolling blood red clouds.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »

I'm fairly certain that the ash has randomized syndromes, since someone in one of the other threads got a cloud of ash that only made anything in it slightly dizzy but had no other ill effects.
I had a rain of Fetid Goo which made everyone dizzy (and some animals as well, my dogs seemed unaffected, kobolds and wild badgers were) and bleed a bit.

My creeping gloom works the same, but it comes in rolling blood red clouds.

I genned my world with 1000 different evil mists.

And todays weather forcast says to pray to whatever Gods you have, because it's just melted my children and my wife is now eating the heart of my pet guinea hen!

Kavalion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 06:09:43 pm »

My god, I wish all my ash cloud did was kill everyone instantly.  Instead, it kills them and animates them instantly as "blighted ash husks".  Upon touching said husks, everyone else also instantly dies and becomes a husk.

It all started with a rattlesnake.  All my dwarves hid inside while the cloud blew over, and then I sent out a military dwarf to kill the infected rattlesnake so my woodcutters could get back to work.  After killing the rattlesnake husk, he immediately ran back into the fort and started attacking and infecting all the other dwarves.

Nothing is safe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]